Lindsey will teach foundational calligraphy skills, including the anatomy of the pen and how to hold it, dipping ink, and scribing the alphabet while you sip sangria and munch on light fare. You'll start with lots of practice!
During the second half of the workshop, you'll put your skills to use by creating your very own 8x10" calligraphy art, using the quote or short phrase of your choice — the perfect inspiration piece for your studio, a sweet love note for your honey, or a bridesmaid gift for your bestie.
Each student will receive The Hive Studio Calligraphy Kit to use during class & take home to practice — you don't need to bring a thing!
Included with your ticket:
- The Hive Studio calligraphy kit
- 2 nibs
- nib holder
- ink well and black ink
- tube of gouache paint to mix your own ink
- notepad for practicing
- tracing paper & grid paper
- alphabet sheet
- sample phrases sheet
- resources sheet
- Three hours of calligraphy instruction
- Guidance in creating your own 8x10" calligraphy art
- A frame for your art — so it's ready to hang or gift!
- Light bites and summer sangria